MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i want to put my devtech.org domain to uses but what should i make it in to.

i need some thing that will fit the name devtech and i would like to know who would help staff it with me as well i am open to all ideas.
Well given it's name, a Technology Development site. Either for news about development or for people doing actual development to come, talk and get advice/help... or both Toungue
As Mr. Doom doomed - sorry: said - I would suppose a site with one (or all) of the following content:
- Information about new technologies in software developing and engineering (e.g. new .NET Framework 3 with new features, etc.)
- Help database and forum (a real good one, not at one point FAQ at another Forum ... (keyword "linked technologies", means a forum with integrated FAQ, so that posts can be put to FAQ immediately, or something like this) with support, but perhaps with usergroup restrictions, so that not everybody can post to topics. Instead of this, you could register yourself as "expert", "advanced user", "user", "noob" in certain categories and can answer only in forums you are "user" or above. I hope I articulated clearly enough.
- Perhaps a download section (with editors, but please only tested freeware ... there are enough download sites with 500+ editors but you have to spend one day to view all ...)
- And of course all linked together, means: If you view a report about PHP there are links to "PHP editors", "PHP support forum" and "related articles" in footer.

Ok, for the time being enough ^^
Developing technology - BluRay, etc etc. Maybe a dicussion forum/Blog. Perhapse like a dictionary thing with a laymens term guide on what they are used for, developed by, etc
Thank you all for your reply so far its going to have

- News (developing, technology)
- Download section (links and off site downloads of editors library's etc)
- Forum ( to chat about developing and technology stuff)

what else should i have.
okay i have now worked all the system stuff that needs to be done i will have the forum open ASAP before all the systems are done.

okay on to what i need to ask i looking some one who will be willing to help me look after the forum so yes a administrator for my forums so if you would like to be PM me on this forum thank you.
Reviews?

People always like to really know how good new things are before buying them.
okay here is my complete list!

- Reviews (on commercial and non-commercial projects)
- Download section (on and off site downloads of editors library's etc)
- Forum (to chat about developing and technology stuff)
- Tutorials (so you can learn how to make sites and code)
crsoft Wrote:okay here is my complete list!

- Reviews (on commercial and non-commercial projects)
- Download section (on and off site downloads of editors library's etc)
- Forum (to chat about developing and technology stuff)
- Tutorials (so you can learn how to make sites and code)

Can't wait and sounds good Wink.
Well i will be opening the forum very soon but need to find anther staff member for the site.

EDIT: well the forums are now open see my sig for link