MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes using their own buttons/icons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, excuse me if this question seems a bit confused, im not really sure how to formulate it. I´ll do my best though Big Grin

My forum has a few different themes installed, users can chose the one they prefer themselves. Some themes comes with their own custom made buttons/icons like "New thread", "Post answer" and so on, and other themes are using the ones provided with the default MyBB theme. I have a dual language setup with english and a selfmade swedish translation.

So....for each of my installed themes i am now going to translate the buttons and change them into a color scheme that fits each theme. How do i go about to tell the installed themes to use their own buttons/icons i am making? I´ve tried with one of the themes, created a "swedish" subfolder in /images/theme_name/ (there´s an english one there already) but the theme refuses to use my selfmade buttons and instead uses the default english ones, i think they can be found in /images/english/ or /images/swedish/ if you have default swedish buttons also.

Does my question make any sense to you guys? Dunno how to explain it in other words than this Big Grin
You have the right idea. You should be able to create a new folder for your translated images within the image directory for your theme. The new folder must have the same name as the equivalent folder in inc/languages. So, if you have inc/languages/sweedish, you must have images/sweedish for your default theme or images/theme_name/sweedish for any other themes.

Also, make sure you clear your cache and refresh the page once you've uploaded your translated images.
Musicalmidget Wrote:You have the right idea. You should be able to create a new folder for your translated images within the image directory for your theme. The new folder must have the same name as the equivalent folder in inc/languages. So, if you have inc/languages/sweedish, you must have images/sweedish for your default theme or images/theme_name/sweedish for any other themes.

Also, make sure you clear your cache and refresh the page once you've uploaded your translated images.

Thanks MM, then i am on the right track at least. I´ve done exactly the things you pointed out here, but the theme still refuses to use its own buttons made by me. Could it be something with the syntax in the themes xml file that causes this problem? I´ve only tested one theme so far but i will try a couple of the others aswell.
Well, now this is getting more confusing Smile As i said in earlier post there´s a theme that dont want to use custom made buttons instead of the default ones provided with MyBB theme. I tried another approach when testing and added the custom made buttons for that theme to another theme, lo and behold, that worked perfectly! So the question is, could it be any inconsistency in the failing themes xml file that makes it search for buttons in a static location instead of a dynamic one, in this case /images/theme_name/swedish?
Just about now i realized that this question might be placed in the wrong forum. I would be very grateful if a capable moderator moved it to the Templates, Theme Sets and Graphics forum instead. Thanks a lot!