MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently added the "who's online" feature.... and one part of it says to edit index.php and add

$l['online_note_today'] = "{1} {2} active in the past {3} hours ({4} {5}, {6} of whom {7} invisible, and {8} {9}).";
$l['whos_online_today'] = "Who has been online today";

well... i've added that but when i go back to my forum my template got smaller and when i click on something this warning flashes for a sec then it goes back......

[Image: untitled2-1.jpg]

what do i have to do?

p.s. my forum is http://playstationlove.com/ if you want to see what's happenning
Did you edit the file with notepad?
If so, you'll have to get the original copy of index.php and edit the file with an editor other than notepad.
rh1n0 Wrote:Did you edit the file with notepad?
If so, you'll have to get the original copy of index.php and edit the file with an editor other than notepad.

wow.... thanks.... that actually worked..... i wonder why you cant use notepad.....
I would take the part out of the index.php again and put it in the inc/langauges/LANGUAGE/index.lang.php
These are language variables for sure, so they have to be in index.lang.php

And if I visit your website it seems to work correctly, so
D@ave Wrote:I would take the part out of the index.php again and put it in the inc/langauges/LANGUAGE/index.lang.php
These are language variables for sure, so they have to be in index.lang.php

And if I visit your website it seems to work correctly, so

well i just fixed it thats why my website's fixed now....
hockeyhero Wrote:
rh1n0 Wrote:Did you edit the file with notepad?
wow.... thanks.... that actually worked..... i wonder why you cant use notepad.....
Notepad adds mysterious characters to the file which makes it useless.. basically. Toungue