MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft Delete?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But to unapprove the thread or the post is the same as your Soft Delete.
Soft delete would be beneficial if you want to allow your users to delete their posts, but not physically remove them. Personally, I'd love to see this feature implemented some way in the future.
Unreal.

Tikitiki explained how you can unapprove a post. This is the SAME as a soft delete. Just because it's not named "soft delete" doesn't mean it functions any differently.

The concept of a soft delete is that a post is removed from member view but still visible to staff. That's what unapproving a post will do.

I see at least once a week a request for an EXACT duplicate of a VB feature that Mybb implements differently yet people demand the function be exactly the same.

Here is clue for you. Look in your address bar...what site are you on? Is it Vbulletin? NO IT'S NOT.
labrocca Wrote:Unreal.

Tikitiki explained how you can unapprove a post. This is the SAME as a soft delete. Just because it's not named "soft delete" doesn't mean it functions any differently.

The concept of a soft delete is that a post is removed from member view but still visible to staff. That's what unapproving a post will do.

I see at least once a week a request for an EXACT duplicate of a VB feature that Mybb implements differently yet people demand the function be exactly the same.

Here is clue for you. Look in your address bar...what site are you on? Is it Vbulletin? NO IT'S NOT.

Kudos to you for such a professional approach. Did you write all that by yourself?
hey come on be nice, labrocca is right, it is the same feature, why rename it and put it in again?
Maybe the point here is that the "unapprove" feature is only avaliable to mods+ and not for users? So if a user would to delete their post, it would be gone forever, and a soft delete would cover is.

Chill out people.. it's just a suggestion
Jeff Wrote:Maybe the point here is that the "unapprove" feature is only avaliable to mods+ and not for users? So if a user would to delete their post, it would be gone forever, and a soft delete would cover is.

Which is why the Trash Can plugin was also suggested Smile
DanEthical Wrote:

Kudos to you for such a professional approach. Did you write all that by yourself?

MYBB nor you pay me hence I see no need to be professional in this thread. I just say it like I see it.
labrocca Wrote:
DanEthical Wrote:

MYBB nor you pay me hence I see no need to be professional in this thread. I just say it like I see it.

Good for you. So do I but it would not be fair on other members or staff of MyBB for me to post how I see it.

Can this be locked or something? I think I got enough of an ear bashing for a suggestion.
The only problem with using "unapprovedness" as soft delete is that unapproved threads/posts are listed in the moderation queue, and might get approved back onto the forum if your forum depends on moderated forums a lot.
Pages: 1 2