MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB ... Paid version!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
Will MyBB ever turned into paid version?
No, as said time and time again.

MyBB will always be free.
We really need to have some kind of flash banner at the top of every page on this site, with fanfare music and dancing girls holding the sign "MyBB will ALWAYS be free!" whilst simultaneously singing a catchy song of a similar name, and some leprechauns running round throwing gold on the floor...or something.

Nobody would ever ask again...
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:No, as said time and time again.

MyBB will always be free.
I am asking because I've been using IPB since a long time and gave up when they switched to a paid version although they stated several times that IPB will always be free software for all.
So I've lost a lot of members when I switched to another software because I've did not found any way to convert my database to MyBB.
So I just want to know.
Thanks and much appreciated.
DrPoodle Wrote:We really need to have some kind of flash banner at the top of every page on this site, with fanfare music and dancing girls holding the sign "MyBB will ALWAYS be free!" whilst simultaneously singing a catchy song of a similar name, and some leprechauns running round throwing gold on the floor...or something.

Nobody would ever ask again...
LOL ... I think a line to important news or rules will do the job.

Note: Before I go with MyBB I've tried SMF and PHPBB and really MyBB was my best choice.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

Note: The reason I like MyBB is how it is amazing easy to MOD, beside a lot of other reasons but this is the main one.
Thanks

By the way ... I like your forum a lot, and {off topic} was wondering how to add this icons for digg, stumble upon,...etc which exists at the top of your board index.
I believe you can currently convert your database to phpbb and then from phpbb to MyBB. There is also a beta test of the MyBB Merge tool which has a IPB -> MyBB converter.
DrPoodle Wrote:I believe you can currently convert your database to phpbb and then from phpbb to MyBB. There is also a beta test of the MyBB Merge tool which has a IPB -> MyBB converter.
I wish if you told me this early
but it is gone now
But ... There are two main things I want to ask you about them
- Adding board age like you did with your board ... is it a custom work or it is an existing mod.
- adding links to different book marks social networks like stumble upon, facebook, ...etc like what you have in your board index at the top.
Please tell me how you did it.
Thanks
Mohamed
DrPoodle Wrote:I believe you can currently convert your database to phpbb and then from phpbb to MyBB. There is also a beta test of the MyBB Merge tool which has a IPB -> MyBB converter.

Where can this be found ?
I myself have a IPB board to and i would like to change over to MYBB
i only have 122 members but to aks them to sign up again would Probs
send them to other sites !
kk ty for that
all solutions are too late for me ... I really do wish if I know this early, I was having 65 members with more then 1000 posts Sad
but it is ok
this is life!
I believe that MyBB will be more better soon by time
Thanks
you will get them back M8t !!!
Pages: 1 2