MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need some installation help.

I'm stuck on Database Configuration and I'm not exactly sure what to put in the Database Host and the Database Name. Can anyone tell me what do I exactly put on there? I've tried everything, but it didn't work. My computer is running Win XP.

Thanks in forward.
You're the only one who can get that information. When you created the database, you should have been given the url where your database is, and you are the one that named the database. Go into setup for that database, and all that info will be in there.

Unless you haven't created the database yet? If not, you need to do that first.
Do you have ur own Cpanel / phpmyadmin ???

Do you have a link Smile
Yes, I do have my own Cpanel / phpmyadmin.

And it appears that I forgot to make a database. I got it to work.
Everything is OK now.
Cool Smile
Just one more question:

If I had some other forum software and would want to convert my forums, let's say... from SMF to MyBB, what would I need to do?
mnikolic Wrote:Just one more question:

If I had some other forum software and would want to convert my forums, let's say... from SMF to MyBB, what would I need to do?

Do a search.
Read this.

Quote:

Chris Wrote:The MyBB Merge System Beta Testing will be suspended until MyBB 1.4 is released. We will be releasing a few modules to the public that we feel are stable enough (vB 3 & phpBB 2 at least)
destroyer Wrote:Read this.

Quote:

Chris Wrote:The MyBB Merge System Beta Testing will be suspended until MyBB 1.4 is released. We will be releasing a few modules to the public that we feel are stable enough (vB 3 & phpBB 2 at least)

Ok thanks for the info.

I have one more problem.

I have installed a copy of MyBB Forums successfully, however, when I try to log in, I enter my user name and password, and a message appears that I have been successfully logged in. But then, it redirects me to the forum index and I still see the Log-In link every time I try to log in. How do I solve this?
Try clearing cookies and browser cache first
Pages: 1 2