MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Developement] Blog-System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys,
right now I 'm programming a blog system for my private homepage, but I planed to publish it later, so my thread should be right here.
I already managed a lot of features into it, but now I have a problem with the comment system. I already changed all the template, etc.; and the showing of the comments is running perfectly, my problem is the writing of the comments in the database. I made two new .php files, newcomment.php and inc/datahandlers/comment.php, these files are basically based on newreply.php and inc/datanhandlers/post.php, actually I copied these files and deleted all the code I don't need and made modifications where I need them, so now my problem. The newcomment form is shown, but when I click on submit I only get a white page with no HTML-code, the same when I want to preview my comment. I already asked for help in the German support forum but they couldn't really help, so maybe you guys can.
I know that it will be a lot of work, but it would be great.
And please forgive my bad english, it is not my first language.

I just uploaded everything from my local apache to my webspace, so you can take a look. Be careful, it is in German. Rolleyes
Dave The Maniac - Blog
I hope you release it whene it's finished
Of course I will, my problem right now is however the most important part to create a blog system for every user in your board, because at the moment the system is based on a forum which only admins can see and then the threads are shown on the blog page. If I can create the comment page, then I can create a page to write new blog news at all, and then to change it for every user won't be a problem, so please be selfish and help me Toungue
if I can help, I was gonna to provide the help instead of saying "I hope you release it whene it's finished" Toungue
but am still in middle level in php coding, and my experiens with mybb plugins system not too big.
but we have some good mybb coder here, I'm sure they will provide some
anyone?
Thanks to the users and the team of the German support site it is now working. I will publish it immediately when i am finished.
This looks like it could be pretty cool once it's released. ^.^
Hey,
I just realized the comment system, so the comments are shown for the right blog news and the form to write comments is also working correctly. The next step is the deleting and editing of comments, should not be that hard to make.
I also realized that every user can have his or her own blog, this is just made about the $mybb->input[bid] in the url where bid means blogid and so the mysql query is only looking for blog news with that blogid which is actually the user id of the user who posted the blog news, sounds weired what I am talking, anyways it is working.
If you have ideas or any suggestions pleas tell me.
Sounds pretty good!

Though I probably would've basically copied MyBB's thread/post system, but perhaps used different tables. Therefore, you get all the features of MyBB already made for you Toungue
Actually that is what I did, I copid the newreply-php and the newthread.php and changed and deleted code, and also I made a new Datahandler class, which is actually more or less the same as post.php
Pages: 1 2 3