MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I click a smily it doesn't appear in the post. Normally the Big Grin or ;D or whatever it is I'm clicking would appear but it just stopped Sad
Is this happening for everyone on that forum or just you?
Not sure I'll ask my other members, but it def. doesnt work with me, in any browser.
Hmm. I had a problem like this once. Are you receiving any JavaScript errors? If your using Firefox with the developer bar installed you should be able to tell by clicking the 2 to last button (speech bubble type thingy).

I just checked. I am getting an error here!

Quote:Error: addsmilie is not defined
Source File: javascript:addsmilie(':(');
Line: 1
and
Quote:Error: addsmilie is not defined
Source File: javascript:addsmilie(':cool:');
Line: 1
This seems to happen for certain browsers and operating systems. Im Linux/Firefox 1.0.4. You?

Scrap that. I tried it on my local copy. Works fine. Must be server related then. The server isn't handling the PHP side of inserting well (since JS is client side so its not that!).
Make sure that the .js files are uploaded.
They are uploaded. But like I said, since it works on my computers server, the js nor the php is broken. And since JS is client side dependant, that means php is the problem. But because it worked for me, it means only certain server have this trouble. So somewhere between clicking the smilie and it outputting in the textarea, php is causing some trouble.
It used to work, must be the server then :/
And where abouts is this? Your forum or here?

I get this problem on this forum when inserting smilies or an attachment, but not on my local copy. Im no expert, but I think its something to do with not enough info being set to the doInsert JS command. And it only effects some servers. However, its really puzling because it works for others which means it can't be the server, but if it works on my localcopy, it can't be the JS either. Very tricky. Chris, whats you opinion......
Javascript does not affect server-side stuff (unless you use XMLHTTP stuff [AJAX] which has not been implemented yet)

Is there a link to the forum where this is happening?
um, yeah! Right here on this forum! I click New Reply and click a smilie and get those errors. However, you probably dont! Which means client side problems then?? (which is odd cause it works for me on another board). This is a very weird bug!
Pages: 1 2