MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your Administrating session does not match with IP Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am having this problem.After i log in and evrything...when i move around the admin panel (applying themes and settings)...eventually it will start to say

"Your Administrating session does not match with IP Address Please log in below"

then i put my correct pass and user name it says the same thing again...
then i would have to login for about 10+ times or so and that would fix everything temporarily....then again it happens after a while..this is driving me nuts.....i always have to type in the password and everything....if it wasnt for opera's wand....i would be having a nervous breakdown....i changed to smf because of this and again came back because smf didnt fullfill my features....Please....any help will be appreciated....thanks in advance

"Your Administrating session does not match with IP Address"
AARRGGH!!SadSad
I dont know for sure, but it certain sounds like a cookie or a problem with session's timing out too quickly.

sorry I cant help much I am not an expert in such matters, but one of the more experienced should be along shortly to help.
In admin/global.php, find:
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);
Replace with:
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 2);
If that still causes problems, then you can try changing it to 1.

This is a security feature of the Admin CP where the ACP checks your IP against the session to see if you are the same user. Some ISPs have wild dynamic IPs which change each time you load the page, so the ACP thinks you're a different user and rejects you.