MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: From Hyperboards to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have hosted my forum through www.hyperboards.com for a few months. I recently set up my own domain and installed MyBB.

The problem I am now facing is deciding the best way to move roughly 1,550 posts from the old hyperboards forum to the new MyBB forum.

Does anybody have any good ideas on how to complete this task? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think you can do so. Does Hyperboards allow you to download a database backup of your forum?
I am pretty sure I am not able to download a database from hyperboards.

It looks like I am stuck with copying/pasting each message. Unless there is another innovative idea floating around this community somewhere...
I don't think there's another way to do it.
You could create scripts using http://php.net/curl to go through all the pages on the site and manipulate the data correctly - but it would be pretty complex and may just be easier to c/p.
It's one reason why I HATE free forum hosts...

I would copy & paste important posts, and just leave the rest. Ask your members to go to the new boards and start posting.

Or, if you're really keen, you can do what Tikitiki said and write scripts to copy the whole thing over...
Thanks for the help. I am going to look into what Tikitiki said, but I have a feeling I will end up copying/pasting the important posts and leaving the rest. Thanks again.