MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Umm Huge problem, need help :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I changed my home document root folder from the public_html to /forums i changed it so people wouldn't see the /forums and this was done through my hosts assistance...

Problem is now i can't get any posts from the database, i get a 404 error... The Index page loads just fine and so does admin and every other page that doesn't include forum display or threads...

Please say there is something i can do, i really can't afford to lose all those posts lol... I know there weren't many but still, wouldn't want to explain that to people lol Wink

I greatly appreciate any help or suggestions...
You did change your "Home URL" / "Board URL" in your ACP ?
Well you see this is what i think the problem is... The url is the same, it hasn't changed cos it's now the root directory... But it's within a folder past public_html does that make sense?

If i put in the folder of the directory i lose everything, template and can't directly get to admin from the link within index page etc...

I can only assume there is a conflict somewhere...
It's changed from / to /forums but when you go to the url http://www.gaming-cafe.info it doesn't show the /forums

As i said tho if i change the settings to /forums everything gets broken...
Is all data for posts and threads in the database file? Or is some stored locally?
Omg... Ok if ever anyone gets this problem... Make sure to check your htaccess redirection rules!! Smile