MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Message what does it mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there

I'm getting this error message in the ACP sometimes what does it mean and how can i fix it please?

Quote:MySQLi error: 2005
Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql12.streamline.net' (2)
Query:

Thanks.
What does it mean, it can't find your 'MYSQL server' ; it explains itself though ...
How can i fix it, get a better host =P
LeX- Wrote:What does it mean, it can't find your 'MYSQL server' ; it explains itself though ...
How can i fix it, get a better host =P

Uhmm it's meant to be a good host i'm with strange only just got it today .

I'll have to see how they go i guess.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, contact your host for that.
If you just moved hosts, you will need to update your MySQL information in the inc/config.php file.
DennisTT Wrote:If you just moved hosts, you will need to update your MySQL information in the inc/config.php file.

The host was only set up a day or so ago ( wednesday)

And i have no idea what you mean or how i do this : -
Quote:update your MySQL information in the inc/config.php file.

Thanks.
Open up inc/config.php; edit the database information and upload it again.
destroyer Wrote:Open up inc/config.php; edit the database information and upload it again.

What do i open it up with( Notepad? ) ? And what have i got to edit and replace?

Sorry i'm all new to this the past couple of days.

Also what is a good host? As i'm on streamline.net but it seems down at the moment again Sad

Thanks
Like DennisTT said, it only applies to you if you just moved hosts.

If that's the case you'll just have to edit the inc/config.php (preferable not with notepad) and fill in the correct MySQL database details.
It's best if you use a text-editing program other than Notepad (since Notepad has been found to add invisible characters affecting output) like Notepad++ or Crimson Editor.

You should make sure that the information in the inc/config.php file is the correct login details for your database. If it is correct, then it is likely a problem with the host, and you should contact them for help.
Pages: 1 2