MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very weird theme editing problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if it's just me, but for some reason when I edit a theme, the theme page works fine in the Admin CP, but when I click save it only saves as far down as Table Footers (Customized in this style) section. Everything else just stays as normal. I've checked the database and the information doesn't get changed. So I changed the way CSS is saved and chose "the 'css' folder" and still it doesn't edit it correctly.

Any ideas?

P.S. I've got no modifications installed, only been working on a brand new forum for a new site I own.
Doesn't happen on my test MyBB 1.2.9, so I doubt it's a bug.

My first point of action would be to check whether the proper request is being sent out by your computer.

If you're using Firefox, you can install the Firebug plugin, and monitor the Net requests - see if, when saving the theme changes, that everything is being sent over.

Alternative to using Firebug is a proxy, like Burp Proxy.
Can you go to the "View PHP Info" page and see if your server has the Suhosin patch installed?

If so, it's possible it is limiting the number of GET/POST items from forms.

If it is installed, I can give you a few things to try.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Can you go to the "View PHP Info" page and see if your server has the Suhosin patch installed?

If so, it's possible it is limiting the number of GET/POST items from forms.

If it is installed, I can give you a few things to try.

Yes Chris, It's installed (I think) I have a section on there with this: This server is protected with the Suhosin Extension 0.9.20 then loads of varibles on it too.

Some:
suhosin.get.max_vars - 100
suhosin.post.max_vars - 200
suhosin.request.max_vars - 200
This should fix it
Thank you, I'll try that out. Smile