MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: avatar size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I'm having a slight problem with a member's avatar size. It's too big so I resized it and changed the link on his user CP to reflect the new one. Only problem is the new one is showing up as the same size as his original avatar, even though when I 'view image' it shows the correctly sized one.
Any ideas why this may be happening?
The 'size' of the avatar is stored in your Database; 'avatar_dimensions'
He probably needs to reupload the resized image or change the 'avatar_dimensions' of his avatar in your DB;
so as admin is there nothing I can do until he is back online? I'm sorry if I sound a bit thick - I'm inexperienced when it comes to databases
Nah, you can edit the DB if you want.

I'm surprised that changing avatars in the AdminCP doesn't update the dimensions though...
BTW, have you set maximum avatar dimensions in the AdminCP?
I tried changing dimensions via admin cp and it had no effect. Is there a wiki somewhere about how to edit a DB?
You can run a query to reset the dimensions of his avatar, the only thing you need to know is his "uid" =P
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatardimensions` = 'X|Y' WHERE `uid` = 'Z';

Replace X with the width
Replace Y with the height
Replace Z with the uid of that member
I've sent you a PM LeX
ignore PM, I just realised my obvious mystake
I tried that LeX and it is still the same. I cleaned my cache to make sure the problem wasn't at my end

I've fixed it now LeX, many thanks for your help. I said I was inexperienced but I learn from my mistakes, I was using the user name instead of the users id
Please do not triple post, use the edit button instead.
sorry, | didn't realise that was the expected etiquette here
Forumlink + Link of that Userprofile ?
Pages: 1 2