MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help! I cant get into the admin cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am the root admin. I made a new group called owner and Set it so they can get into the admin CP. After that I could not long into the admin cp.
My friend longed into his admin account but he cannot edit me because I am a superior administrator.

Edit: Actually I figured out I made my self a normal member. But I cant get into the admin cp

edit2: I used Auto Assign Group to cheat around this. So I am an admin again. But I have another problem. When I set myself to the owner group it auto sets me back to the Administrator group.

edit again!: It set me back to member! I have to use Auto Assign Groups again. Anyone know what is up?
If you have access to phpMyAdmin, you can always correct any such issue in mybb_users table by setting the usergroup field to "4" in your database record.
The
Length/Values1 or the Default2?
Or which one?
ohh and without the " right?
^ Make sure you're "Browse"ing the table, not viewing the structure.
I go to phpmyadmin go to mybb_users click browse, go to my user, under the usergroup I type in for. I press "go". it says Affected rows: 1 and show the new sql line. It looks right (the usergroup=4).
This set me to the right group but then later on it set me back to member.
So dident work

but I set my secondary group to the right one and my display group to the right one. So I guess I could live with that but I would like to know why it keeps changing my primary group
firesoul Wrote:I would like to know why it keeps changing my primary group
Could you please deactivate that plugin "Auto Assign Group"? Your issue has to do with that plugin and not with mybb itself. It seems that the plugin doesn't distinguish between an admin or a regular user.
I am posting this just in case someone else has this trouble or you guys are wondering.
It was "Auto Assign Group" plugin. But it was because I forgot to re-edit the file for my new groups.
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/auto-assign-groups View the plugin for installing instructions

Ohh and thanks for your help guys.