MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to re-Load a back up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure how to reload a back up.

I did a back which is on my desktop in rar format, When i unpack it i get just one fil ein there.

I have no idea how to bring a back up back ?

I Can't find anywhere on the my cp where i can import a back up

Also i get this message in my database tools :-

Quote:
Your backups directory (within the Admin CP directory) is not writable. You cannot save backups on the server.

Anyone please?

Thanks..
I think theres a thread on this called how to transfare/transfer your site to another host , which i believe is in the same context, under general help forums, i believe,
look for author Pepotiger...
You can find out how to restore a database using phpmyadmin here - http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore
Use something like phpMyAdmin to restore your forum backups.
BTW, it should be in .tar.gz or .zip format, not .rar (it's probably the former anyway).

matrixsc Wrote:Quote:
Your backups directory (within the Admin CP directory) is not writable. You cannot save backups on the server.
If you want to remove it, you'll need to CHMOD your /admin/backups folder to 0666.
Chris Wrote:You can find out how to restore a database using phpmyadmin here - http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore

Ok am i getting confused here is phpmyadmin the control pannel i access from my site? ( admin login?)

Because there is no tabs to import my back up?

ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:Use something like phpMyAdmin to restore your forum backups.
BTW, it should be in .tar.gz or .zip format, not .rar (it's probably the former anyway).

matrixsc Wrote:Quote:
If you want to remove it, you'll need to CHMOD your /admin/backups folder to 0666.

Ok thanks for that i thought i may need to change a file to do back ups on my host.

Ok changes that file but get this error when i do my back ups :-
Quote:Warning: gzwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/dbtools.php on line 483

Quote:Warning: gzopen(/home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/backups/backup_ca38d014ea.gz) [function.gzopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/dbtools.php on line 83

And when i go to Existing Backups i get this error :-

Quote:Warning: filetype() [function.filetype]: Lstat failed for /home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/backups/. in /home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/dbtools.php on line 243

Warning: filetype() [function.filetype]: Lstat failed for /home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/backups/.. in /home/fhlinux160/r/red-kopites.com/user/htdocs/admin/dbtools.php on line 243

Warning: filetype() [function.filetype]: Lstat failed for /home/

I'm lost here i think i'm going to have to re-install my message abord again Sad.
Ok latest up dates i've reinstalled the board and everything seems better.

But i would like to know how i can import back my back ups back from my ACP ?

I can now back up on my server bu doing what ZiNga BuRgA said ( CHMOD your /admin/backups folder to 0666)

But i still can't see anywhere on my ACP that allows me to import it back from last back up?

Thanks.
You can't load back-ups through the Admin CP, you'll have to do it via phpmyadmin:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore
destroyer Wrote:You can't load back-ups through the Admin CP, you'll have to do it via phpmyadmin:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore

Well that would explaine alot to me lol

Thanks destroyer

Could you check my picture to make sure i have my settings correct yo do a back up please from my ACP .

I've got to say people this a great site for newies like me trying to learn thank you so much for your help so far.
You have to select all tables you want to backup in the upper table. Also, you could set 'save backup' immediately to 'download' to download it right away.
destroyer Wrote:You have to select all tables you wan't to backup in the upper table. Also, you could set 'save backup' immediately to 'download' to download it right away.

Thank you yeah i forgot to select all tables. So after i download the the file and i can import it in myphpadmin and it will bring me back to where i saved it .

Thank you once again .
Pages: 1 2