MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification message to poster after moderator intervention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have no idea if this exists (and I don't know how to activate it) or if this was already suggested:

I'd like a notification (e-mail or PM) to be sent to the creator of a thread/post whenever a moderator does something (edit, move,delete, etc.) with the message, also offering the possibility to include a reason.
Best left as a plugin IMO. On some boards, moderators may do a fair bit of editing etc, especially for threads where the first post is constantly updated and maintained by multiple people.
I've made a plugin for that months ago, but some hooks aren't at the right place.
Will take a look at my files to see if all needed info is present and release another beta of it.
LeX- Wrote:I've made a plugin for that months ago, but some hooks aren't at the right place.
Will take a look at my files to see if all needed info is present and release another beta of it.

LeX, very much appreciated!
I think it's actually better to have some sort of notification on the top of the board for the member who had his topic closed/moved/.., of course he should be able to hide it with a link.

That will decrease the rate of pm sending greatly (in case the original idea was implemented), also it will be much better for multiple notifications, it could be listed in this way (for example):
(900) topics you have started have been moved, More information | I don't give a damn

The info popup would show each topic, who moved it and where.
Mamoun Wrote:I think it's actually better to have some sort of notification on the top of the board for the member who had his topic closed/moved/.., of course he should be able to hide it with a link.

That will decrease the rate of pm sending greatly (in case the original idea was implemented), also it will be much better for multiple notifications, it could be listed in this way (for example):
(900) topics you have started have been moved, More information | I don't give a damn

The info popup would show each topic, who moved it and where.

IMO it is not so much a mass movement problem but rather an individual posting issue: if I change (by deleting certain phrases) or delete a post because it does not (fully) comply with some of the board rules, I want to notify the creator. Or if heposted in the wrong forum etc. But as I said, more likely an individual post issue where PM (or e-mail) overload is not a big issue.

In the case you are referring to which pretty much looks like "re-organizing" the forums, I would agree with your suggestion. May be we would need both!