MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there a list of the new stuff this new release will include? I mean, there are a lot of ideas on ideas.mybboard.net and a lot of threads here which contains stuff from mybb staff saying 'This is already included in 1.4', just to know which new features will it have? Or you will keep it as a surprise? ¬¬
[wiki]1.4.0[/wiki]

As it says on that page, that isn't a complete list... it's just the features that have been confirmed.
yoink78 Wrote:MyBB is really great quality software and I realize it's quite the big task to develop a major new version, but I was just wondering why in all honesty it takes this long to develop it. I see much larger software projects that are very stable developed in far shorter periods of time. Are there not many coders?

Well I'm not sure about how many off the top of my head I think there are 3 or 4 (Maybe less maybe more haven't done my research). But I'm going to say look at phpbb3 again Toungue.

But remember this is all done in peoples free time and for no pay (Actually some put money in to do this).

What projects are you talking about I haven't seen any free script moving much faster than MyBB and actually most are going slow compared to it.
yoink78 Wrote:MyBB is really great quality software and I realize it's quite the big task to develop a major new version, but I was just wondering why in all honesty it takes this long to develop it. I see much larger software projects that are very stable developed in far shorter periods of time. Are there not many coders?

That's correct. We don't have that many coders
Tikitiki Wrote:

What happened to the recruitment for developers a few months ago? Big Grin
Jeff Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
There were no developers taken on board at that time. Some of the recruitments have been doing coding towards 1.4 however, and have moved into the 'Developers' role subsequently. Smile
I am so waiting for this release.. considering it's almost december, I think I'm gonna crap my pants. gogoogog
rh1n0 Wrote:
Jeff Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
There were no developers taken on board at that time. Some of the recruitments have been doing coding towards 1.4 however, and have moved into the 'Developers' role subsequently. Smile

I don't see anyone new on the wiki Sad
There hasn't been anything new on the Wiki since we're currently "feature frozen" for MyBB 1.4. If we kept adding thing's we'd definitely never get it released.
DennisTT Wrote:There hasn't been anything new on the Wiki since we're currently "feature frozen" for MyBB 1.4. If we kept adding thing's we'd definitely never get it released.

He said anyone Wink
Pages: 1 2 3