MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Email a single user from the ACP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Mass Email section in the ACP is great, no doubt. However, sending an email to a single user through the Mass Email is a "pain in the neck". One mistake will result in sending this email to all users!Sad

Is it possible to add an email option to the list in the User Management section of MyBB? Something like this:

[Image: email.jpg]

Best regards
You can mail the user from his/her profile. Smile
destroyer Wrote:You can mail the user from his/her profile. Smile

Not if the user has chosen the option to hide his email for other members.
destroyer Wrote:You can mail the user from his/her profile. Smile

That's cute, destroyer!Big Grin

LeX- Wrote:Not if the user has chosen the option to hide his email for other members.

Of course, that's one thing dear LeX-. There are times when one, as admin, needs to send emails to certain users from the ACP without having to login to the forum. In my case, for instance, I have to read newly registered users' profiles in the ACP before activating or deleting their accounts. At this point, I often need to email certain users individually. So far, I have been relying on copying and pasting those users emails one by one in the Mass Email tool, "traveling" from the awaiting activation list to the Mass Email "station" for hours! Now, you can imagine the longer "journey" if this ought to be done through logging into the forum and searching for each user's profile in order to send him or her an email, while being interrupted by other online users, seeking your support! (I hate to appear as "Away" or invisible to my users when I'm online)

The other alternative is to rely on an external email software for sending individual emails--a method which is also time-consuming.

Best regards
To the moderator of this forum...Please delete or close this thread as I'm not given the permission to do so.

I have managed to cope with this issue already.
You can use the "Mass Email" feature in the Admin CP, as it has a "Username Contains" section, which you can set as a certain username. That'll work (Example: See Attachment)
Dale Hay Wrote:You can use the "Mass Email" feature in the Admin CP, as it has a "Username Contains" section, which you can set as a certain username. That'll work

Thanks for your concern Dale Hay. By definition, the "Mass Email" is primarily meant to be used for sending mass emails. A single mistake like this:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=25797

could be "quite embarrassing", as Judel put it.Sad

I have already made my own quick mod for sending emails to single users from the ACP. I'm currently developing it to be included in the place I recommended in my post above. When it is finished, I'll make it available to all users.

The one which I'm currently using looks like this:

[Image: semail.jpg]
thats cool dear maatty, nice to see you start working on mods!