MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pruning without messing post count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to set my boards to delete like every thread after the forum pages reach 5 or something. I tried pruning but it screwed up everyone's post counts and stuff.
Not that I know. No matter what the post counts will go down. Btw why would you want to delete threads after they get to the 5th page? It lowers your stats a lot if you have a active forum.
Maybe that's why hw wants to know. If you prune the forum, then keep the stats, it'll reduce the size of the db and it's efficiency.
well it just seems stupid to keep threads forever, i mean it just takes up room on the server for nothing. it would be nice to remove threads but keep the stats.
They are good for Google. They attract people to your site. The number of times that I've used google, found a forum, and the topic is a few years old. Without them, I'd be at a loss.
But I can see what you mean.
decswxaqz Wrote:They are good for Google. They attract people to your site. The number of times that I've used google, found a forum, and the topic is a few years old. Without them, I'd be at a loss.
But I can see what you mean.

That's very true. When I look for web developer stuff on google, much of it are on message boards or mailing lists and most of the time it's in an archive format and it's dated back to several years.

But we're digressing. How big is your forum anyway? Are you approaching your hosting space limit?