MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
exactly how IS a template made???
Well you write the HTML code into a textarea form thingy and it saves itself to the database. In certain files of MyBB it calls them templates...
Dale Wrote:Well you write the HTML code into a textarea form thingy and it saves itself to the database. In certain files of MyBB it calls them templates...

... using specific variables that are created throughout the PHP code to extract information, and whenever the variable is called in the template the information gets extracted and used.

MyBB's templates are much more than just HTML coding. Wink

Is there maybe a list of the specific variables?
Not really, they change per post.. common and global variables include the settings and themes arrays ($settings and $themes), as well as $mybbuser (which has the information about the current user - the whole profile0.
But how would I create a template then? Guess the variables? Sad
What do you mean "create a template" exactly? By template you mean the html on the page I assume? Do you want to create custom pages? Do you want to edit existing templates?
I want to change the look of the forum, that's usually called "creating a template" Smile
Or is called "creating a style" with mybb? Because I can see this as well in the ACP Smile
Please don't double post - thats why there is the Edit link. I have "merged" your posts together..

If you want to change the colours, fonts, etc then what you are wanting to do is create a Style/Theme.

Templates refer to the actual HTML code that is used on the page, so if you wanted (for example) change the layout of the postbit (how each post looks) then you would edit the postbit templates.

Chris.
Thanks Chris,

yes, sorry, I forgot about the edit link. Thanks for the merging.

I will look into the changing of the templates.

Thanks for the replies,

Kilroy

(+1 reputation Wink )
Pages: 1 2