MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem finding a Theme that will work for me:

1-Is there a way to tell if a Theme will work before I download it and try it? Apparently many do not work with the latest version of MyBB.

2-Instructions say to put the images from the theme package into the images file. It appears that quite a few of these images are the same as the ones in the file. Is it ok to write over the duplicates each time I try a new theme?

Thanks for the help,

Mike
MacMitch Wrote:I am having a problem finding a Theme that will work for me:

1-Is there a way to tell if a Theme will work before I download it and try it? Apparently many do not work with the latest version of MyBB.

2-Instructions say to put the images from the theme package into the images file. It appears that quite a few of these images are the same as the ones in the file. Is it ok to write over the duplicates each time I try a new theme?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

DON'T DO THAT!

upload the images, folder and all into your images directory, that'll keep them separate from your other images.

Jaxdoug
Ok, I have two sets of Theme Image folders (Ubuntu Outdoors & Legend Green) loaded in the Images file.

Then I tried to import:
Legend%20Green-theme.xml
and
Ubuntu%20Outdoors-theme.xml

I get this message if I don't check "Ignore version compatibility"...

"The theme file is not for the current version of myBB you are running (1.2.9). If you still wish to install it, please change 'Ignore Version Compatibility' to yes."

and this message if I do check it...

"Could not open the local file. Does it exist? Please check and try again."

Is there anything I can do? Are these themes just not working now due to updates to MyBB...

Thanks for the help,

Mitch