MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Servage sites not working for some people.. please test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

Today I've been getting quite some reports on my forum not working, because the server has timed out. I am hosted at servage, and it works fine for me. I've spoken to one of the people who had it, and let him view other sites that were hosted at servage which I knew of, and he told me he had the exact same problem.

However, for some people it DOES work. I've had 5 guests and 3 members online the last time I looked at it, and it seemed to be just working fine for them, and for me too! I suppose it might be an areal problem.

So now my question is:

Does this link work, or does it time out? Please respond with the area you're in and if it works

Thanks, and I hope this matter will get fixed soon as I know some other forums with MyBB are hosted on Servage too.
Works for Belgium
Servage has always been a problem or always had problems..
They oversell..

www.webhostingtalk.com <-- everyone should be looking at that forum before they buy hosting..
bigger isnt always better..
It works but I do see constant complaints on hosts such as Servage with dynamic sites. But if you just have HTML you don't here about any problems.
Works in Scottsdale, Arizona but runs slow. Frankly, I'm not thrilled by what I've read about Servage, and there are lots of hosts that can do just great on a MyBB site (check my signature for my forum).
I've had no problems with Servage. Also the site works nice and fine here in the UK.
I had a problem for the first time last month when they moved to a new backbone...but I got a month free hosting after complaining so I am satisfied. That's been my only issue with them in 14 months of hosting.

Quote:Servage has always been a problem or always had problems..
They oversell..

Are you speaking from personal experience or simply based on what OTHER hosts posts at WHT?
labrocca Wrote:I had a problem for the first time last month when they moved to a new backbone...but I got a month free hosting after complaining so I am satisfied. That's been my only issue with them in 14 months of hosting.

Quote:Servage has always been a problem or always had problems..
They oversell..

Are you speaking from personal experience or simply based on what OTHER hosts posts at WHT?

Let me just drop in and tell you people that anyone who uses the "overselling" excuse is just plain uninformed or has been brainwashed by the silliness at WHT.

Yes, you can get bad performance from a host that doesn't take care of their network and stuffs their servers to the gills out of greed. But that doesn't necessarily relate to whether or not they engaged in alleged overselling. It's just bad business, and if you find a host like that, run the other way -- fast!

There are lots of respectable companies out there that would love your business, and if they make a mistake or have a problem, they're only too happy to fix it to keep you on their servers.

BTW: I use HostICan.
well i should go off at you for saying Servage is bad well i had the same issue as you when i first started with them and i ask servage an they told me there end is all good but when i called my ISP it was them and there DNS ip's that were not find servage's ip.
yup... I say stay away from overselling webhosting providers Smile
Pages: 1 2 3