MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is forum and cms integration a must?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am starting a website based on drupal.. But because of the lack of user merging/integartion of mybb-drupal I am tempted to use SMF..

But I don't really like SMF, I prefer MyBB.
So I would like to as if it is a must to have the main site and the forum integrated..
How should I go around this? (I am not requesting for a drupal-mybb integration though)
Well that's really up to you not us. If you feel your members need to be registered to both then maybe. But if they are really just going to use the forum then why integrate?

I'm using WP and I don't have it integrated because well most of my members won't need an account on the wordpress.
maybe you should post this in the right forum, such as requests or ideas, or support help?
it appears that you are creating a test forum , on how to create an intergration of
merging/integartion of mybb-drupal Smile
Pow-Mia Wrote:maybe you should post this in the right forum, such as requests or ideas, or support help?
it appears that you are creating a test forum , on how to create an intergration of
merging/integartion of mybb-drupal Smile

He said he isn't requesting or looking for one. He's looking for peoples input if he should even integrate themWink.
Yup... I disabled commenting and registraton on my drupal.. Smile
IMHO, depends on if your forum users would have a reason to have an account on the website.

Like if you had downloads up for grabs (although you could serve those already via MyBB via plugin).

It all really depends on what is best for your site's audience.
Yeah,
Thanks for the feedback guys.. Smile
MOre feedback from more people would be appreciated Smile
I never integrate a CMS...I normally run straight-up forums without a front end.