MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Web Host & Free Web Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are their any good free web host that will allow MyBB to be installed just for now? I want to test out what it can do

I'm thinking also of buying a web host to install this of my own, But i need one that is reliable and fast.
www.createmybb.com allows you to run a board without the hassle of installing it manually (if you're just using it to test things, or run a small board)
I was actually thinking of testing out themes, mods, etc etc, I can't really do that on a free hosted forum can i?
Puke Wrote:I was actually thinking of testing out themes, mods, etc etc, I can't really do that on a free hosted forum can i?

Usually not. But if it's just for testing I would say just go with some easy free host.

I use two hosts and like them both very much.

For free hosting I use MainVista but you should also check out this thread here.

Then for paid I use WireNine but you should really look at Web Hosting Talk for reviews and offers.
DennisTT Wrote:www.createmybb.com allows you to run a board without the hassle of installing it manually (if you're just using it to test things, or run a small board)
Createmybb.com are using... MyBB 1.1.6, which is pretty old.
Correction: MyBB 1.1.8 Toungue
Well, in main page it's write 1.1.6 so...
And 1.1.x is just missing in important features.
If all you wanted to do is test mods and themes, have you thought of setting up a localhost server?

There are plenty of Programs you can get that'll set up Apache, PHP, and MySQL so you can do tests without breaking your public board or wasting bandwidth on your public server.
Indeed, Ryan is correct.
I Suggest you about using AppServ which is kind of package to have inside of it:
  • Apache
  • PHP
  • MySQL
  • phpMyAdmin
And everything already setted up and ready to use.
I thinks that the best local server is vertrigo... Smile
Pages: 1 2