MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finally we did it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if I post in the wrong forum or if this thread is useless for everyone else to read, but... we finally converted to MyBB, and it was a long way to go.

From IPB 2.0 -> phpBB 2.0.15 -> MyBB

Well, long and long, the tuffiest part was to re-add all the permissions for all groups, but other than that, it works perfectly. Now, please release MyBB Gold (j/k). Big Grin

Still, got alot to learn about MyBB so be prepared to give me some support my friends, hehe. Wink
Wow. Must have been a great journey Smile
Hehe, indeed it was. At least we got rid of IPB. Smile
Any reason why you found MyBB to be better than IPB? (just curious)
Well, first of all it's free (hopefully will remain that) and I believe MyBB has potential to become a huge community in time. I have faith within it.

The structure is similiar to IPB, which makes it easier to handle... for me at least, since I've used IPB since the first beta came out. The default features so far are awesome imo, which requires less modifications (kinda sick of it to be honest) to be added manually.

So basically... it's simple, fast, stable and free. Just what we need.

And last but not least, the development team/staff etc. are very professional, courteous and polite. Yet another reason for me to stick with MyBB.
Shouldnt u publish this converter for others that need it too ?
Konstantinos Wrote:Shouldnt u publish this converter for others that need it too ?
Im assuming they used a PIB --> PHPBB convertor from phpbb.com and then used Lobster phpBB --> MyBB convertor
Correct Dempsey, that's the way we did it. Smile
I'm waiting to see someone convert straight from vB3 to MyBB.

Once someone does that my site will be following straight in it's footsteps.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I'm waiting to see someone convert straight from vB3 to MyBB.

I might understand vB2 users converting to MyBB... but maybe not vB3.

Unless, the vB3 buyer noticed they aren't going to have such a big (500,000 - 1,000,000) post forum. So, they convert to MyBB. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2