MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: too silence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed that
whene mybb 1.2.10 released without the announcement and after Chris said
that the announce will be posted in sevral hourse
all of us have been stay an watching Toungue
too slow posting comparing between the natural posting in the forum
for me I was just silence, becuase I was working to update my lang pack
what you are doing in this countdown progress? Toungue
i do think next time they should only release it when they have all the announcement typed up and ready to be posted.
crsoft Wrote:i do think next time they should only release it when they have all the announcement typed up and ready to be posted.

Because there were no security vulnerability fixes in this release we did it a different way. We released 1.2.10 earlier this day to allow for the few that get their hands on it first to test it. Then we released it later. This is so we can make MyBB 1.2 as stable as we can get for everyone
crsoft Wrote:i do think next time they should only release it when they have all the announcement typed up and ready to be posted.

The announcement was ready before the download was put up - as Ryan (x2) mentioned, we performed a soft release this time to just ensure there were no additional major problems before we announced it and had the masses coming at us with problems.

We're still in the middle of the soft release, however. The mailing list message won't be going out until tomorrow lunch-time just to be 100% sure there are no major problems with people upgrading
Also gives some time for the translators to translate the new files (well at least those who are online at that time of day)