MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS with subject only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I know I have posted this before on another section of the forums but it has been a while. I just recently got everything working for the login form to be on the main index of my site. Now I would like to add the latest 5 topics posted. I know I could do this with a simple rss but that would give me the body of the post also. What I want is the subjuct only and also a way to limit the amount of letters of a post seen on the index of my site.

So what it boils down to is just a few simple things.

I want the latest 5 topics in the forum to display on the sites main index, such as www.journeyoftheanimals.com and not www.journeyoftheanimals.com/petchat <~~forum

I want to make sure that the subjects will only show up as a preset amount of letters. So I can set it at like 15, so if the subject it. "Adam went to the store and bought milk" it would only show up as "Adam went to th..." and then maybe also listing the section it was posted in but that is not required. Thank you for any help you can give.

To make things easier to explain to me ` my forums are at www.journeyoftheanimals.com/petchat and the index of the site would be www.journeyoftheanimals.com