MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error: 1045
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its giving me this error

Quote:MySQL error: 1045
Access denied for user 'ryabor_passwords'@'hex12.freehostia.com' (using password: YES)
Query:

How do I change that, My, MySQL database like turned on me, but I know what it should be. Its supposed to say mysql4.freehostia.com instead of hex12.freehostia.com

How can I change it?

Can someone please help me or If there's already a thread for this give me the link.
You can edit the file config.php located in the inc folder.

Look for this:
$config['hostname'] = '(hostname)';
Ok I found it but it says I'm using mysql4.freehostia.com not hex12.freehostia.com
and I tried changing the pass but it doesn't work...
Did you give that user permission on the database?

hex12.freehostia.com may be a database server.
I don't know, see it was working fine then out of the blue it just stoped working... And I edited the config.php file to what it should be and it still doesn't work...
You may have to talk to your host, as it doesn't seem like a mybb issue. It is probably something with the database, your host will be able to help with that.
I have, But I'll try contacting them later again.
Edit your config.php file so that it matches the configuration provided by FreeHostia. IIRC, you can see your database host in the FreeHostia control panel under MySQL databases.
I fixed it thanks!
(2007-12-02, 02:38 AM)M@ster Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it thanks!

HOW DID YOU FIX IT???????????