MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weard case...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
Seems like i've created a child forum to a section that is a child forum too, not parent. And i also made it invisible as i wanted it to be a totally private section. Now i can't iven see it to delete it. How can i reach it?
This is a bug on RC4. You can try to fix it on phpmyadmin
Thanks, will try that.
Fine, worked.
So will there bi a fix for it or only in Gold release? I am not sure i will be able to upgrade to Gold release, so would be good to find a fix for this bug as i will stay on version 4.
Thanks.
Although the decision is yours, you should actually upgrade to myBB Gold. There are 100's of bugs fixed, all security patches which you'll need, and many new features that will improve you board.
k776 Wrote:Although the decision is yours, you should actually upgrade to myBB Gold. There are 100's of bugs fixed, all security patches which you'll need, and many new features that will improve you board.

I'm running 1.00 Release Candidate 4 do I understand it correctly this is not the latest version, and if no where can I download the latest version.
Yes. RC4 is the current release. I was talking about when myBB Gold is released. myBB Gold is the next version, currently in testing.
k776 Wrote:Although the decision is yours, you should actually upgrade to myBB Gold. There are 100's of bugs fixed, all security patches which you'll need, and many new features that will improve you board.
It is not that I don't want to upgrade (even though I had many bad experiences after upgrading something), the chat is hosted on a server to which's My SQL I don't have access. The chat was installed by server admin for me. It is kind of tough to ask him now about upgrading that chat for me especially since upgrading would usually cause some situations that require my assistance.
As far as I can tell, you dont need to access the mySQL server during an upgrade. Just the php files. Can you access them?

Upgrade is as simple as upload all the new files (but settings.php and config.php) and running ./install/upgrade.php. It picks up all the info it needs, and changes the database all on its own. Very easy!
k776 Wrote:Upgrade is as simple as upload all the new files (but settings.php and config.php) and running ./install/upgrade.php.
That is the very problem. Only server admin can run php installations.
Pages: 1 2