MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.5 Feature Request?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yeah, it should be 1.6, but all I would want is Display Names.
A cool feature I have seen with vBulletin is scrolling usertitles. A friend of mine said he tried it on MyBB, and it didn't work. I'm new to php as well as MyBB, so I haven't attempted coding it myself. However, if this is not a current capability, I would like to see it added.

-Gold
Goldcoin555 Wrote:A cool feature I have seen with vBulletin is scrolling usertitles. A friend of mine said he tried it on MyBB, and it didn't work. I'm new to php as well as MyBB, so I haven't attempted coding it myself. However, if this is not a current capability, I would like to see it added.

-Gold
IMO rather pointless, but you can do it, through a little hack.
Simply edit the user in the DB, and add <marquee> tags around the title.
Does have a few issues if editing the title through AdminCP / UserCP.
could you make the profile looks similar with the ipb's one in 1.5 please?
chris_b0ss Wrote:could you make the profile looks similar with the ipb's one in 1.5 please?
Wouldn't you prefer that MyBB is different from other bulletin boards?
That sort of request would probably be better suited to a plugin or template modification. Or if you're just after a few things for the profile, perhaps you could specify what you want added to the profile instead of saying "copy that".
i requested 4 time this mod..nobody said if it's possible.and this is not different! all the other forums have the profile LIKE mybb!
so..is there a way to do that?
chris_b0ss Wrote:i requested 4 time this mod..nobody said if it's possible.and this is not different! all the other forums have the profile LIKE mybb!

Feal free to make it your self. MyBB should not have this by default. Thats copying. Toungue
GG-Xtreme Wrote:I hope this is allowed, and that none of these suggestions are already listed as accepted or rejected:

-WYSIWYG post/edit field
-DHTML or WYSIWYG quick-reply field
-Members list alphabetical listing (A-Z, 0-9, symbols at the top; for example, you click 'B' and it lists all users starting with 'b')
-Warning/infraction system - mods can add infractions to posts/users, certain number of infractions auto-bans a user
-Users viewing thread
-View own permissions
-Ability to add custom profile fields in places other than "Additional user info" (for example, add an instant messenger)
-switch between sub-forum full and compact display on index page
-index page block announcements/welcome messages (for example, one that shows up to unregistered only, telling them to register, or announcements for specific user groups)
-user-specific permission options
-(maybe optional) allow-override-deny permissions (so users in more than one group can get all allow permissions)
-custom forum icons per-forum
-custom thread prefixes
-custom thread list separators
-thread tags
-user profile commenting
-usergroup cp (I'm not sure if it already exists, but I can't find the link in my templates)
-easy block adding to templates without HTML/PHP knowledge
-users can customize their profile theme (colors and such)
-users can customize how they see the forums (colors and such) unless defined otherwise in forum settings
-post edit/delete history (I think this might have been posted already)
-creation of new pages and links with little-to-no HTML/PHP knowledge
-memberlist/profile individual field-view permissions (for example, guests can't see instant messenger id's)
-block view permissions
-'go to page' box for threads and forums
-add buttons for custom mycode to editor (without editing js files)
-custom mycode use permissions (for example, only admins can use this mycode)
-thread/forum auto-subscribing
-'lite' mode (like archive, but you can still post, click links, see some images, edit profile, etc., just friendly for small screens or low memory)
-ability for users to make profiles private/public to certain or all people

That's all I can come up with, like I said, some of this may have already been suggested or included. I apologize if any of these seem stupid, they seemed to make sense when I was posting. If this is not allowed, then just delete the thread for me.

I *Believe* the forum warning system will be in 1.4! Which yes is a great move by mybb.
I do very much like the who is viewing the thread and hope that is under consideration as well.
As well i like the index/guests message idea as well.

I wouldnt mind seing some of the other suggestions though in the form of a mod though. Such as the profile stuff. The ONLY way i would be for something like that beeing added to the core is if MYBB managed to do it like IPB did which doesnt eat away at bandwith/Overloads the server.
Snake Wrote:
chris_b0ss Wrote:i requested 4 time this mod..nobody said if it's possible.and this is not different! all the other forums have the profile LIKE mybb!

Feal free to make it your self. MyBB should not have this by default. Thats copying. Toungue

...hm....as i don't know how to work with php,mysql,....i can't ...and about copying...if you want to succed in this world,you must take a look on what your opponent is doing and improve it..other way to succes i don't think exists..

and..for be ontopic i have other suggestions..
-easier way to install mods.maybe an autoinstaller...
-easier way to install themes.i think it would be cool just to upload the theme's files and the theme will be recognized...
chris_b0ss Wrote:
Snake Wrote:

...hm....as i don't know how to work with php,mysql,....i can't ...and about copying...if you want to succed in this world,you must take a look on what your opponent is doing and improve it..other way to succes i don't think exists..

and..for be ontopic i have other suggestions..
-easier way to install mods.maybe an autoinstaller...
-easier way to install themes.i think it would be cool just to upload the theme's files and the theme will be recognized...

lol. Just because the competition does something doesn't mean it's good. Any FYI original ideas and good features is another good way to compete.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7