MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a Flash File by using a [Flash] button on the edit panel ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody!!. I am a fresh newbie Rolleyes. I have a small question and hope everyone to help me. Toungue
[Image: add1yg2.jpg]

I have added this plusgin on my site but don't know how to add a button [flash] to the edit panel.
<?php
// Flash Code Plugin
// By Rogem http://www.rogem.net/
// Version 1.2

// Tell MyBB when to run the hooks
// $plugins->add_hook("hook name", "function name");
$plugins->add_hook("parse_message", "flashcodecode_run");

//..... Code Here
// End of plugin.
?>

Thank a lots Rogem for this one.
This is extremely dangerous. Just to give you a fair warning that allowing members to add flash files from an unknown source can have serious security problems for your members.

You will not be able to prevent XSS attacks.

Search google for "xss attacks flash".
(2007-12-03, 09:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is extremely dangerous. Just to give you a fair warning that allowing members to add flash files from an unknown source can have serious security problems for your members.

If you give your car keys and cell phone to strangers, that can be dangerous too. If the owner keeps the Flash access and does not allow others to use it, then it is safe.

Caps
(2009-12-02, 06:33 PM)Caps Wrote: [ -> ]
(2007-12-03, 09:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This is extremely dangerous. Just to give you a fair warning that allowing members to add flash files from an unknown source can have serious security problems for your members.

If you give your car keys and cell phone to strangers, that can be dangerous too. If the owner keeps the Flash access and does not allow others to use it, then it is safe.

Caps

Bumping a thread from 2007....
I know, there is no need to do that just because your obsessing about a adding flash file to your forum, you gotta be kidding me.
I got to agree with you now. Something should be done, but locking all thread with an SQL query would be a load...
That's all the guy talks about, flash files, it's ridiculous.