MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change hyperlink color.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change the hyperlink text color for website url's and email addresses but I am unsure how to do it.

I searched Google, and found a couple threads which said how to do it, bu they themselves were unsure.

Can anyone post a small straightforward guide to changing the hyperlink text color to a color such as blue and removing the underline from the hyperlink for all themes?

Is there a way to globally specify the hyperlink properties color for all themes and forums?

I know colors as red, blue, green etc.... But I don't know the hex value for those colors which are needed for Mybb.

I know this involves editing the templates CSS which I'm fairly comfortable doing.

Thanks if anyone can help.
Open up your style sheet and find the category called "Body". At the bottom there will be three colums. One for active links, one for visited links, and one for hover. You will want to edit the "color" for these three fields Smile
Go to

Admin CP -> Themes -> Modify / Delete -> {Your Theme} Go

And you can edit all the styles there without having to look at a .css file and figuring everything out.
Ok thanks, but one problem I don't know the color codes. Colors for such things need to be filled out like #A1644343 (Just an example, I know it's probably not a real color).

That's my only remaining problem now. I only know colors as red, green, blue and not by their hex values if that's what it's called.

I'd like to turn hyperlinks blue and remove the underline from them.

Thank You.

:Edit: Nevermind I figured out how to do it. Ah the wonders of google. Toungue