MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login problem with IE on my own mybb forum, not here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MrDoom Wrote:No, their masking is definitely an iFrame, you can see it if you view the source of your forum. Chances are that that might be messing something up.

when you say iframe, does it also mean frame?

because i have the same problem. i recently bought a domain, with forwarding service. it successfully forwarded my domain to my actual url and using masking. i looked out the code and it says:

<html><head><TITLE>My Website Title </TITLE></head><frameset border="0" rows="100%,*" cols="100%" frameborder="no"><frame name="TopFrame" scrolling="yes" noresize src="myactualdomain.com"><frame name="BottomFrame" scrolling="no" noresize><noframes></noframes></frameset></html>

users can log in succesfully but when they refresh the page they are logged out even they check the remember me radio box. but when logged in in the actual url there is no problem.

i tried various searches in google but this problem doesnt have any article or direct solutions. (that is why i came up here)

also another problem is the scrollbar in IE, it is missing when I browse my registered domain.
Yeah, that sounds like a cookie issue to do with the frame. Is there anyway you can disable the masking and set it up as forwarding? If so, then also make sure that your cookie settings are correct.
MyBB cannot work correctly with url masking
Your cookie settings need to be set to the "real" URL of your board, not the masking/cloaking URL.
DennisTT Wrote:Your cookie settings need to be set to the "real" URL of your board, not the masking/cloaking URL.

i've done done. still cookies sucks when using IE, mozilla doesn't have any problem with it.
Could we have a link to your forum?
MrDoom Wrote:Could we have a link to your forum?

im sorry. first my board is not myBB but like any other board, cookie problem is an ISSUE when domain forwarded using frames.

i like IE (althou I said it sucks) so i just allow third party cookies in the privacy settings.

anyway, i bought the domain to mask the real url, disabling also means wasting my money on domain.Rolleyes
No one is asking you to disable your domain; Merely you need to switch it to forwarding or use it as a real addon domain (none of the iframe stuff)

Also, I'd say if its working in Firefox but not I.E. it's an I.E. issue.
Tikitiki Wrote:No one is asking you to disable your domain; Merely you need to switch it to forwarding or use it as a real addon domain (none of the iframe stuff)

Also, I'd say if its working in Firefox but not I.E. it's an I.E. issue.

no. i didnt say that someone adviced to disable my domain, what i said is the reason why i registered for a domain is to mask my actual URL, someone posted to disable my masking and i do not want that.

yes it's working fine in Mozilla but not in IE (defaut settings). you need to configure your ie to allow third party cookies to solve the issue. i do not know if this is an IE bug or just a security feature of IE, the real bug of IE6 and later is missing scrollbars in forwarded domain. I am lucky I found out the solution by editing my board's CSS placing overflow-y: scroll script.
In Mybb Admin panel, search for setting for cookies and u'll see there is set to .www.youradress.com
Clear that and set it like this:
.youradress.com
(without www). Thats worked for me.
Pages: 1 2 3