MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme background help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change the background color of my theme to start from the under the welcome block on down, and not include or effect above the welcome block at the top of the page.
any ideas of how to do this ?
Pow-Mia Wrote:I want to change the background color of my theme to start from the under the welcome block on down, and not include or effect above the welcome block at the top of the page.
any ideas of how to do this ?

1. Go to the Admin CP and log in as administrator.

2. Scroll down until you see the Themes section. Select the Modify / Delete option.

3. For the particular theme that you are using, select - Edit Theme Style and click on the Go button.

4. Scroll down until you see the section that says: Page Container (Customized in this style)

That is the area that you you want to change the background color on. Change the default color code to whatever color that you want it to be.

Be sure to save any changes that you make, in order for them to actually show up. If you change more than one area of the theme, then scroll down and click the Update Theme button to save your changes.

Here's a link to a page that has a color code chart on it, in case you are not familiar with what color codes are:

http://www.colourlovers.com/blog/2007/06...code-list/
Pow-Mia Wrote:and not include or effect above the welcome block at the top of the page. any ideas of how to do this ?

Ack! My bad. Disregard what I posted, above.
grim, ur funny man!

i do that too, so dont worry about small stuff, no big deal!
i usaully delete my post!

at least you offer support or help, ims ure alot can use this quick tutorial.Smile

i would like to change the start area for the bckgrnd, for one simple reason , my header and logo dont go wel and are tathered looking and it just doesnt fit well, as to the look
especially on dark bckgrnd themes yet i like the darkness where it can bring out the images where it needs to be.
anyone can gimme some support , it would be appreciated? or post a link?
You could add a table above the welcome box, and make it a different color than the area below the welcome box. Wouldn't that work, if the table is set to 100% width? Or, put the welcome box in its own table.