MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To the staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

There is something that I have been meaning to ask you for some time now.
I have been looking to convert to your forum software from smf for some time now. As mybb is much much better and superior than smf in every direction and aspect. But I haven''t seen yet a converter. I have read all the posts here and your lack of will, or indifference to provide one, it astonish me. At the smf site they have converters for almost any forum that exists. I think that you should do the same.

And I don''t see mybb being promoted like the smf people do with their crappy software. The only reason that smf is becoming'' popular'' is just the promotion that they do to their product, like including it with that Fantastico program in almost all web hosts companies. Why don''t you do the same. I am very sure that when people have the chance to see your product, they will love it as well. I have seen people who after taking a look at your forum want to switch over, but because of lack of converters they are not able to.

Myself I converted to vbulletin sometime ago as I could not stand smf anymore, nor could I wait until a converter is provided here.

If you would improve those 2 small things, you will see how mybb will sky rocket, leaving every forum behind
Hello, and thank you for your feedback.

There is an official converter that is under development by the MyBB Team, and the announcement is publicly available on these forums: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16365

I have used the converter and would like to add that it is very near being released (for MyBB Merge & phpBB 2 at least) and am confident that it will bring more users who have existing forums running other bulletin board software currently.
I converted from vb 3 easily with the merge system and was honored to be a beta tester. It's worth the wait and wise to wait till 1.4 which I hear is not too far off. It's a very intelligent merging system. MyBB is on the fast track.
rh1n0 Wrote:Hello, and thank you for your feedback.

There is an official converter that is under development by the MyBB Team, and the announcement is publicly available on these forums: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16365

I have used the converter and would like to add that it is very near being released (for MyBB Merge & phpBB 2 at least) and am confident that it will bring more users who have existing forums running other bulletin board software currently.

You are welcome. Mybb is really a great software. I really like it a lot. And if you guys will create a stable converter then I will switch from vbulletin to mybb immediately. That much I like mybb. And I am looking forward to the new 1.4 version which I undoubtly will be great.

And a suggestion if you don't mind. Why don't you work a little bit more in advertising mybb? As I said above, I am pretty sure if people would hear about it and give it a try, they would like it as well a lot and use it. Smf and phpbb are nothing at all compared to mybb.
We like word-of-mouth advertising Smile
Yea, word of mouth is the best. Advertising only in proper manners is the best and that means $$$. It annoys me when sites will spam a forum or board about their site. It looks as bad advertising if you ask me, I prefer word-of-mouth as well.
Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I started spamming sites...

Obviously, this isn't the wishes of MyBB, but meh Toungue
Yea, they have gone far with just word-of-mouth. :-)
TylerGillen Wrote:Yea, they have gone far with just word-of-mouth. :-)

I didn''t mean spamming or anything like that. No, such a thing would be below mybb normes and values. But what I meant is advertising in a very good way. So it will be well known and maybe Fantastico will include it in their one click programs through all over the web-hosting companies as they do now with those 2 crappy softwares like smf and phpbb. Because that is the only reasons that smf is used widely now and they dream and lie to themselves that they have become ''popular''. I have seen people who after trying mybb wanted to switch over immediately, because what mybb offers is far superior than smf, phpbb and you name it what other free forums.

And it wouldn't harm either if you opened a sort Charter Membership here for a small annual fee. So you could get some extra cash which it can be used to further develop mybb and the members that will pay that annual fee will get some extra attention with their problems. A win-win situation for both in my opinion.
DennisTT Wrote:We like word-of-mouth advertising Smile

I understand but I think that in this direction it can be worked a little bit harder
Pages: 1 2