MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I use database backup>?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am currently trying to move my forum to a different host, can I take the downloaded backup and revert to it in my new forum somehow? I have already got the backupfile downloaded but I don't know how to bring it up and use it to transfer all the information to the new forum. How do i do it? Any help and advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Login to phpMyAdmin and click import database. Then edit config.php and make the necessary changes.

Edit: If the database is to big to import it phpMyAdmin, use Big Dump
okay,... exactly what changes, and is it ok if i do it even though my old one is 1.2.9 and my new one is MyBB 1.2.10? Wheres the import database button? IN PHPMYADMIN?
mj7man Wrote:okay,... exactly what changes, and is it ok if i do it even though my old one is 1.2.9 and my new one is MyBB 1.2.10?

Yes sir.

Well, when you moved to your new host, you had to make a new database. If it uses the same host, username and password as your old one, then you don't have to make any changes. But if it uses a different host, username, or password, then you must edit config.php so it connects to the database correctly.
Okay, so edit the host username and password, NP - wheres the import database link in phpmyadmin? And does it make a difference that i'm going from 1.2.9 to 1.1.10?
mj7man Wrote:Okay, so edit the host username and password, NP - wheres the import database link in phpmyadmin? And does it make a difference that i'm going from 1.2.9 to 1.1.10?

Nope it doesn't make a difference.

And to import it, select the database on the left menu, and then click import

[attachment=8128]
Okay, Thanks!
You're welcome. Hope it works, and let me know if you need more help.
Okay, so now that I got to the point to import and there is no import button. What can i do about this?
mj7man Wrote:Okay, so now that I got to the point to import here's what i got. What can i do about this?

Did it import the database successfully?
Pages: 1 2