MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Field on Registration without required status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've tried to search this topic but couldn't find any answers.

I want to have 2 custom profile fields on the new member registration page but I don't want them to be mandatory. I tried to find the registration template but without any luck. Anyone knows how to get the custom profile fields on the registration page without making them a required field?

Thanks Smile
In the Admin CP under "User and Groups" Choose "Custom Profile Fields" then click "Add new profile field"
Enter all the info you want and what not till you get to "Required?" and just check it as no (It's at no on default but still lol)
Umm.. i have a question, i did that on my forum but you cant type anything into the field.
"Editable -> Yes"
umm.. it is "editable by user" but still the textbox don't work,...
Changed 'Maximum Length' ?
NetSage Wrote:In the Admin CP under "User and Groups" Choose "Custom Profile Fields" then click "Add new profile field"
Enter all the info you want and what not till you get to "Required?" and just check it as no (It's at no on default but still lol)
What I want is that some of the custom fields are also available in the registration page. So when someone signs up and must enter his/her details like email and username I want some of the custom profile fields to show up too as optional fields. Now only the required fields like username, password and email are available on the registration page.
zoog Wrote:What I want is that some of the custom fields are also available in the registration page. So when someone signs up and must enter his/her details like email and username I want some of the custom profile fields to show up too as optional fields. Now only the required fields like username, password and email are available on the registration page.
Anyone else got an idea how to accomplish this?
What version of MyBB are you using?
DennisTT Wrote:What version of MyBB are you using?
I'm using the latest version, in the Admin CP Home it says version 1.2.10.
Pages: 1 2