MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can not log in to cpanel - Your IP address does not match the administration session.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please tell what could be the reason
I've cleared every thing but still got this error:
[Image: 93484094rq4.jpg]
I don't know what it is but have you deleted all your cookies from your browser's history and tried different browsers?
i think you have dinamic ip..if you have dinamic ip,your ip is changing every time you reconect..and the forum is detecting you with other ip and you must reauthentify
Do you use AOL, or have an IP the changes all the time (a proxy perhaps?)

To try and fix this open up admin/global.php and find:

define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);

and replace with

define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 2);

See if that works
zoog Wrote:I don't know what it is but have you deleted all your cookies from your browser's history and tried different browsers?
Yes I've tried to clean every thing and tried more then 1 browser but all has the same error
chris_b0ss Wrote:i think you have dinamic ip..if you have dinamic ip,your ip is changing every time you reconect..and the forum is detecting you with other ip and you must reauthentify
No, I have a static real IP and I am not using a proxy.
Tikitiki Wrote:Do you use AOL, or have an IP the changes all the time (a proxy perhaps?)
To try and fix this open up admin/global.php and find:
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);
and replace with
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 2);
See if that works
Thanks a lot man, problem solved, but may I know what is the secret which solved the problem? I mean the differences between 2 and 3?
Thanks Smile
Your IP Address is made up of several numbers divided by 5 decimal points. Static IPs always stay the same - and in this era they are becoming extinct - New Dynamic IPs or IPs that change are the standard. They however usually only change the last 2 segments of the IP Address. AOL and proxies are more stubborn when it comes to security so they take it up a notch farther by changing 3 nodes in the IP, which is why changing 2 to 3 works. When we verify the I.P. address when you login we only check the first two nodes versus the first 3.

Hope that makes sense. It's pretty technical. I could even go further in explaining that each node relates to a DNS and the ISP you use (i.e. ISPs buy out certain IP ranges) and the rest of the numbers are related to how the internet gets to your computer (from where).
no no
it was enough for me
I understand
thanks
Tikitiki Wrote:in this era they are becoming instinct
I have a static IP.

I think you mean extinct, I don't know what an instinctive IP would be, maybe one that pre-empts that it is going to change Big Grin