MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleted a Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I deleted a subforum of mine, thinking the threads would be moved to the parent forum. As you can see, they weren't.

How can I recover these threads? I have a backup of before and after, but how do I upload only the differences from the old backup?

Thanks,
Peter
If you don't mind simply restoring the old backup, that would be the easiest path.
Well, I don't want to lose old posts. I harvest the forum-specific SQL from the backup I had and ran it through phpMyAdmin. Now the threads are there, but it says invalid forum when I go to them (via search). What next?

Thanks,
Peter
EDIT:

Even when everything imports smoothly, the forum doesn't exist on the front end. I'm sure that I've manually imported it through phpMyAdmin.

Either way, I went through the backup by hand and copied/pasted all threads and replies back into the forum (via the front end - it took FOREVER). I even formatted them to look nice again.

Hopefully I can get the originals back. If not, this will do.

Just a side note: It would be nice if threads under a deleted forum were moved to the parent forum and/or presented a warning before the forum as deleted.