MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To redirect or not to redirect: that is the question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you turn on the redirect feature (right after posting) or just bump the user to the thread directly?

What are the advantages/disadvantages? thanks
I have it off globally for each users, however the user can activate it using the User CP.

I just think its easier and faster.
I just leave mine off, they annoy me. Toungue
I turn mine off too. I can't be bothered to wait the extra few seconds.
I prefer it off, because it bothers me.

However, in the custom solution I'm building with MyBB, I've used workarounds to make some actions show the redirect because they actually serve the purpose of "informing." So I guess it comes down to the purpose of it; I don't need a message telling me my message has been posted when I can see it a second later.
I have it turned off globally
Off for sure...annoying and I am not sure why mybb has it on by default.
labrocca Wrote:I am not sure why mybb has it on by default.

That would be a negotiable matter of opinion
labrocca Wrote:Off for sure...annoying and I am not sure why mybb has it on by default.

It's more so to tell users what is going on - for those who don't use the internet often they need to be told directly what they've done or their changes have just been saved.

Some might assume that after editing your profile that you're redirected back to the User CP or to the profile page again that obviously something has gone wrong - they never received any confirmation of an action that has happened.
I personally like them on.

Why? Cause it means that I don't have to load two pages every time I do something Toungue
I do have a slow internet connection, and I'm rather fast with the computer, so...
Pages: 1 2 3