MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A way to hide forums/sections without changing permissions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm certainly a bit confused.

I want to hide a forum from public view from everyone but make a link in the rules section for that forum for everyone to click on to access the forum after reading the rules.

Unfortunately theres no way to hide a forum/section itself without changing permissions. If I change permissions to disallow viewing, the forum hides just fine but then the problem is that you are denied access to it.

Hiding forums via permissions does not work well, and completely denies access to them even with a direct link.

Is there a way to hide a forum without needing to change permissions or a mod to accomplish this?

I hope I'm making myself clear enough.

Thank You.Smile
It's not clear to me what you are saying. You want to change permissions but without changing permissions???

I think what you want is the forum to be completely invisible unless a person has a direct link? Am I right in that?

You would probably need a mod to do that. I think that someone wrote something similar around here about removing a forum from thread view.
labrocca Wrote:It's not clear to me what you are saying. You want to change permissions but without changing permissions???

I think what you want is the forum to be completely invisible unless a person has a direct link? Am I right in that?

You would probably need a mod to do that. I think that someone wrote something similar around here about removing a forum from thread view.

Yes I don't want the section to be in public view.

I have set up a redirect forum through forum management which redirects to the rules of the section. After reading the rules users will click on the link to get to the actual section itself which is hidden from public view.

I need it to still be accessible and able to post in, just hidden from public view by default.

This can't be achieved with the permissions alone as I've already tried which failed.

The name of the mod would be nice so I can search for it. If there is a mod for this, is it compatible with Mybb 1.2.10?

Thank You.Smile