MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a plugin that..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Is there a plugin the allows a member to post in a forum and only see his/her thread in the forum?

Thanks
Not that i am aware of. How would people reply to other peoples threads if they could only see theirs? Maby i dont understand. There is a mod (i think by DenisTT) that gives you extra options for users on a user by user basis such as cannot modify avitar and a few other options.

What exactly do you want to use it for because there might be another way around it.
Made this a lil' while ago;
Upload into your ./inc/plugins/ folder and activate, go to your settings page and fill in the FIDs seperated by comma.

And do this codechange in forumdisplay.php

Open forumdisplay.php
Find
		$plugins->run_hooks("forumdisplay_thread");

Add Below
		if($mybb->settings['vot_status'] != "no")
		{
			$fids = trim($mybb->settings['vot_fids']);
			$fids = explode(",",$fids);
			$groups = trim($mybb->settings['vot_groups']);
			$groups = explode(",",$groups);

if(in_array($thread['fid'], $fids))
			{
				if($thread['uid'] != $mybb->user['uid'] && !in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], $groups))
				{
					continue;
				}
			}
		}

Find
	if(!$threadcount)
Replace By
	if(!$threadcount || !$threads)
Wheel-World Wrote:Not that i am aware of. How would people reply to other peoples threads if they could only see theirs? Maby i dont understand. There is a mod (i think by DenisTT) that gives you extra options for users on a user by user basis such as cannot modify avitar and a few other options.

What exactly do you want to use it for because there might be another way around it.
Moderators and Administrators should be able to see the posts only. Or anyone in a group specified.

LeX- Wrote:Made this a lil' while ago;
Upload into your ./inc/plugins/ folder and activate, go to your settings page and fill in the FIDs seperated by comma.

And do this codechange in forumdisplay.php

Open forumdisplay.php
Find
		$plugins->run_hooks("forumdisplay_thread");

Add Below
		if($mybb->settings['vot_status'] != "no")
		{
			// FIDS
			$fids = trim($mybb->settings['vot_fids']);
			$fids = explode(",",$fids);
			if(in_array($thread['fid'], $fids))
			{
				if($thread['uid'] != $mybb->user['uid'] && $mybb->user['usergroup'] != 4)
				{
					continue;
				}
			}
		}

Find
	if(!$threadcount)
Replace By
	if(!$threadcount || !$threads)

Thanks, Will try that later Smile
pastilles Wrote:Thanks, Will try that later Smile

If you want to permit groups to override, get the new file and get the new filechange (my first post) (its lil' different from the one you've have in that quote) =P By default only admins can see all threads.
hey LeX-, you need to replace
	global $db, $mybb;
with
	global $db, $mybb, $thread;
becuase without this change the users still able to view the thread, if they followed the last post link!
Hasn't quite worked.

http://www.letpoliticstalk.com/test/show...hp?tid=455

Can still see the same message when logged in with other user accounts.

Did the changes you mentioned. Any idea?

Thanks for your help
Works fine overhere. So the problem relays on your side. And i can't see anything, cause your permissions won't allow me.

pepotiger Wrote:hey LeX-, you need to replace
	global $db, $mybb;
with
	global $db, $mybb, $thread;
becuase without this change the users still able to view the thread, if they followed the last post link!

Done; Could be a cause why its not working with 'pastilles'.
I uploaded the updated file with no luck Sad

http://www.letpoliticstalk.com/test/foru...php?fid=38

You can see now... I have changed the permissions etc. Can you register and test? Thanks
pastilles Wrote:I uploaded the updated file with no luck Sad

http://www.letpoliticstalk.com/test/foru...php?fid=38

You can see now... I have changed the permissions etc. Can you register and test? Thanks

What are your settings ?
Pages: 1 2