MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unable to login to admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The installation goes fine, the problem starts when I go to /admin/. I get the login dialog, but when I login, the frames page loads, but in all of the frames, the login dialog box displays again, not allowing me to login.

I AM using the correct login and password.

Windows XP-SP2/Apache2/PHP5/MySQL 4/IE 6 - Medium Security.

I will give you the URL and the login info if needed for testing.
PM me the info so that I can take a look-see.
Just a thought, could this have something to do with a misconfigured php.ini file?
Probably not. I can login to your admin panel. Check your browser cookie settings and make sure that you accept cookies from your domain.
Continuing from what Dennis said,
Quote:IE 6 - Medium Security
Try setting it down and try again. If that doesn't work, did you change anything before or after you installed that might have effected something?
I shut down my ZoneAlarm Security Suite, and I was able to login. Any idea what could be blocking it in there? I added both www.c2ctalk.com and localhost to my Trusted Zone and I still get the same thing.
_Ps. K776, shuting down ZL also fixed my cookie problem. My machine accepts cookies from this site, and I have no special settings to allow it.
In IE6, go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy --> Web Sites --> Edit and add your website to the allow list.
Yes Dennis, that has been done. When I shut down ZoneAlarm Security Suite, it works fine. I added both, "localhost" and "www.c2ctalk.com" to the Trusted Zones in ZL, but it still blocks them. I guess this would be a ZL issue, and I should continue it there.
Just wanted to close out this thread:

I went to the ZoneLabs site and found out this was a Privacy Setting in ZoneLabs Suite. There were 2 issues:

1. If you are accessing through "Localhost", no matter what setting you have in Privacy, it will block the cookie.
2. If you are accessing via http://www.yoursite.com and you set the Privacy setting for cookies to Medium, the function will perform as expected.

So, if you wish to keep your ZoneLabs Security Suite running and access webpages with cookies, do so via "http://" and not "Localhost" or "127.0.0.1" and make sure your cookie handling is set to Medium in Privacy.

(depending on how your system posts the cookie, you might need to mess with the custom settings to get it to work. (ie. If the cookie is read as "3rd Party", in custom settings, select everything except "3rd Party". But be careful not leave leave your system vulerable). You might want to contact ZoneLabs Tech Support for more details.)
Pages: 1 2