MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gambling module for MyPlaza
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Due to popular request, I've made this little simple gambling module for MyPlaza.

Since I'm rather out of ideas on an implementation, this module gives the following items:
  • Random Money (gives the user a random amount of money)
  • Guess the Number (users attempt to guess a number; each unsuccessful guess adds the money they put in, into the "pot"; winner takes everything in the pot, and the number is changed)
  • Quick Bet - just a simple win/loose situation

If you have any other ideas, feel free to suggest them! Smile

(requires MyPlaza v0.4)
Installation
For users with Advanced Modules functionality activated and configured:
Simply go to your AdminCP -> MyPlaza -> Update Manager, and paste the following URL into the MPU URL textbox:
http://myplaza.zingaburga.com/modulempus/gamble.mpu
...and then Submit it.

(I am experiencing issues with my server right now, so the above won't work)

For users with Advanced Modules not enabled or configured
Download the attached file and upload it to your MyPlaza modules folder (if the folder is writable, you can upload it through the AdminCP; if not, upload it to /inc/plugins/myplaza/).
Then activate the module by visiting AdminCP -> MyPlaza -> Modules
[attachment=8175]

...and finally...
...go to AdminCP -> MyPlaza -> Categories & Items and add the added items to a visible category.
nice and thanks zinga i will test it for you..
all tested ok without any problem
well i tryd it with the older version 0.32 to and it worked good and corect good job
excellent but one thing can u also make a slots module (be easier if a new module) which is another type of gambling
Some card games would be great like black jack or something.
spikescot2005 Wrote:Some card games would be great like black jack or something.
These sorts of games are best left to something with the Games section.
You can't really make much of a card game with HTML/Javascript...
You might want to check out this page...

http://www.theperfectpage.org/bb/index.php

I know it's an IPB thing, but they have some great Mods like the Lottery, Poker, and Raffle, just take a look at them through the "drop down" at the top. They also have a Quiz mod too.

I'm not saying you should do these (although they'd be great add ons), I'm just posting to maybe give you some idea as to what's on offer elsewhere. Smile
Thanks lufbra for that. It's certainly very interesting, and gives me some cool ideas. Thanks!
Don't think the guess the number is working as i have it set to 1 digit and i have entered 0 - 9 and never won
Pages: 1 2