MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: a better forum lables system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if the topic said it clearly but let me explain what I mean.
every forum have it's own mark, that said forum contain new posts, forum contains no new posts, etc
I'm not sure what is this lables depend on.
but sometime I see it on a certain forum, thene I visit all the new posts in this forum, and whene I come back to the board index I saw it's still saying forum contains new posts!.
and sometime the same thing happen with the lable that say forum contains no new posts, if I didn't visit the forum for a long while, I miss some new topics!.
so here is my suggestion.
once I visit the forum index, any forum that contain posts I didn't read before (and I didn't marked the forum as read)
so it's must say forum contain new posts and not depend on whene was my last visite, just depend if I read the new posts in it or not.
once I visit the unread posts (or mark the forum as read) the lable become forum contain no new posts.
I just thought it'll make things better
1.4.0 wiki Wrote:
  • New forum/thread marking system
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/1.4.0

I don't quite fully understand what you're trying to say above (partly because it's almost 3am here) but there is a new forum/thread read marking system, so I hope it fixes most of what you're pointing out Toungue
cool, since I don't fully know how it'll work so I hope it's like what we need Toungue