MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What's up with 1.2.10? My user information is not valid...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am by no means new to MyBB and I have installed it many times without fail; however, I'm on my second installation attempt today and the same thing has happened both times: the admin account I create when setting things up doesn't work. I can't login with it no matter how many times I try, even though it is a very simple username/password: admin/123123

I even tried resetting the password and having it mailed to me, but the new one didn't work, either.

I'm pretty sure my cookie settings are right as well, so not sure what the problem is. The forum is installed on the root/www, so my cooking settings are as follows:
URL: http://www.mydomain.com
Cookie Domain: .mydomain.com
Cookie Path: /

Please advise. Would like to get this resolved. Thanks.
can you try to leave the cookie area blank and give it another go? I have had a similiar problem in the past at my test mybb forum and I resolved by doing just what I adviced you
I tried leaving it blank (default) the first time and it didn't work. I tried changing it as mentioned above the second time and it also didn't work...
Can you post a link to your forum? It would be easier for us to see what the problem is
It's a completely fresh install... nothing to see. Would prefer not to post the URL, either (if you need it, PM me).

Anyway, it's just one account, the admin account, and it's not working. Both times I tried installing and the same problem.
Can you not login to either the forum or the AdminCP?
Neither works. This is very strange. Have never had problems like this with MyBB before and it's quite frustrating.
Have you tried the password recovery feature?

If that doesn't work try this:

Go into the "users" table and find your username. You can reset your md5 hash. Set the 'password' column to '5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99' and then set the salt to blank.

Then you can log into your account using the password "password" (without quotes)
First one didn't work, but the editing inside phpMyAdmin did. Thank you very much; however, any idea why it had to be done? Is this going to keep happening each time I install a new version of MyBB in the future?

Cheers. Smile
Well if you didn't receive an e-mail to reset your password that looks like a host problem; First ensure your e-mail address is correct too and if it is contact your host about e-mailing
Pages: 1 2