MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfering data from one forum to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had my forum installed on one host, and now I have a new host and I want to transfer the data. I've tried to make a backup using mybb, and then upload it to phpmyadmin, and it worked. But, none of the posts or members showed up. I did it before I installed the board again, and then I tried it after and both times it didn't work. So can anybody give me a good tutorial or tell me how to do this.
[Wiki: Database_Backup] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Also, see here for a user submitted tutorial on how to move hosts..
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=15343
well my friend!
as far as i know! if you want to change your Host! you need to backup 2 things! 1 is Database and second is config.php file!!

in that file using your NotPad or Wordpad put correct information such as mysql Username , Password and Database name as mostly all the host have other names! Once your Config.php is also perfectly edited then upload board to a new HOST with the Config.php of old Board!

Hope it works enough! for more our team will answer and i am also arround!

FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:as far as i know! if you want to change your Host! you need to backup 2 things! 1 is Database and second is config.php file!!

If you have any modifications or plugins, it would be necessary to backup your entire forum directory and upload it to your new host (with the edited inc/config.php).