MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation of a Spider!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Installation of a Spider!

well i need some information about this ; I am looking for a MOD that will install a spider on my forum! and as fixed that spider will post threads automatically on a particular subject!

LET ME GIVE EXAMPLE;
suppose i want my spider/bot to post news about Hollywood in a particular forum in every 30 mins how is it possible>>???

Please help me!~ and if still didnot get my point then please do write i will give more details!

FAISAL!
RssToPost plugin, search for it on the mods site.
Thanks sir!
I have successfully installed this in my forum! but problem is i don't know how will it function?????

well it says in the RSS Management page
[Image: B2DB947D.png]

HELP ME!
THANKS!
You put the URL of the RSS feed in the first box, and the forum you want the spider to post in, in the second box.
well sir thanks for the Answer! BUT SIR I DON'T KNOW any thing about RSS . can u tell me where i can get that URL of the RSS Feed????

Thanks!

FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:well sir thanks for the Answer! BUT SIR I DON'T KNOW any thing about RSS . can u tell me where i can get that URL of the RSS Feed????

Thanks!

FAISAL!

Google.
You Wrote:suppose i want my spider/bot to post news about Hollywood in a particular forum in every 30 mins how is it possible>>???

You need to go look for your own RSS feeds which have news about Hollywood. RSS feeds are just plain-text XML files which are updated frequently by the website which include the latest articles that they posted.

Just look for a news site about Hollywood, and look for something like this: [Image: 48px-Feed-icon.svg.png].
That logo is the RSS logo, and it usually links to the RSS feed. Copy the URL of that feed into the RSS2Post plugin
well thanks for the answer!
is it an rss feed link ??? ; www.webpasties.com/podcast-4104-602.xml

Thanks!
and is it OK like this ; [Image: C9734F98.png]
OHHH I AM so confused! can any one please send me 2 or 3 RSS links which can post Bollywood News for me in my forum???? because i am so confused when i click on the rss icon [Image: 48px-Feed-icon.svg.png]
It gives my a dialog bar which says to add this to Live bookmark.. Please help me!

FAISAL!
Pages: 1 2