MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: massively slow load times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have recently started up MyBB on my web server here at home. When I access the forums from localhost it loads up quickly and there are no performance issues, but when I ask a friend to connect, the load times for the forums page are excessive. The forums are the only link on my web page that load slowly. Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated.
What are you using for your web server?
sully Wrote:I have recently started up MyBB on my web server here at home. When I access the forums from localhost it loads up quickly and there are no performance issues, but when I ask a friend to connect, the load times for the forums page are excessive. The forums are the only link on my web page that load slowly. Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

Does this mean that you're running your forums off your local PC and a residential internet connection? If so, that is quite possibly the cause - if it loads fast for you locally and slow for someone else then it is the upstream speed of your internet connection.
sorry for not responding sooner, but I had some things to take care of. Thank you very much for responding so quickly. To answer the first question I am using apache for my web server. How is it possible that my primary web page and all of its links load excellently, but the forums link is painfully slow? By slow I mean that my friend can access all of the other media links fine, just not the forums. Could it be the location that I have placed the MyBB files? Thanks.
Is your MySQL server setup on your localhost?
It sure is. I'm using XAMPP so everything is pretty much in there. Thanks for replying
Do you have any plugins installed?
Also, what do you mean by slow? Does it take ages before anything pops up, or does it just take ages for all the images to load?
Look at the bottom of any page, and read the "Generated in ______ seconds" line. If the time is < 2 seconds, but it takes maybe 10-30 seconds to load the page, that means that your connection is slow. However, if the time is something like 15.xxx seconds, then that means your computer is slow.
To answer the first question, no I do not have any plugins currently installed. To answer the second question, by slow I mean there is a blank screen for about 20-30 seconds and then it all pops up. It's not the images just the whole page takes a long time to display. As I said before there are a lot of images and such displayed on the front page and the other corresponding links and they load up quickly (under 2 seconds) it's only when he tries to access the forums when the load times become excessive. Thanks for your patience, really appreciate the help!
Pages: 1 2